10.15.2011

A Day of Rest: Day 15

Every family needs a day of rest.  A refocus day.  A day to put aside the cares of the week.  Not like any other day, but time special and different.  A day that frees your spirit; a guilt-free day, absent of the have-to's.



Having a rest day can create stronger family bonds, give us a recharge, and draw us closer to the ultimate Rest Giver.

If you've felt like life is out of control, try adding a rest day into your life.  I see that sinking feeling, it always surfaces and rears it's ugly head. "How in the world can I give up a whole day when life is already spinning out of control?"  That's the non-rest giver whispering in your ear.  He doesn't want us to stop and focus on Jesus or our family.  He wants us to indulge in the chaos.  And amazingly, when we ignore the rest-taker and rest completely in the Rest-Giver, all those projects and have-to's seem to get done, with much more peace of mind.

Blessings on your day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I treasure each one.