"However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Eph 5:33
| photo credit: heart and soul reflections |
I don't know about you but as much as I'd like to say this was an easy verse, it isn't. Do I have a passion for these words? A resounding yes! I wish I could say I know how to respect my husband, like nobody's business but I'm not male and it doesn't come naturally. We as women were wired to love and men were wired to respect, naturally. That's why men were commanded to love and women to respect. Believe it or not, love comes more easily for us than it does for our husbands or God would have commanded us to learn to do that, too.
"Women need love. Men need respect.
It's as simple and complicated as that."
~
Emerson Eggerichs, President
Love and Respect Ministries
So why is love and respect so important in my life? Because in the end, I know it will create a more peaceful home, more security in our children, better relationships and a healthier marriage. God doesn't ask anything from us that wouldn't better our lives, by way of trials or not. And if my home can be a happier, healthier place to abide, then that is what I want.
This was hardly the beginning on Love and Respect. Check out more at the love and respect website.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments. I treasure each one.