10.01.2011

Love at Home



Welcome to my 31 day series on "Love at Home".  It seemed fitting to choose this topic, especially with the soon arrival of newborn love.   Our home will, no doubt, be overflowing with love and I hope some of this loveliness will spill over into your life.  Thank you for coming over.   I hope you are truly blessed and refreshed as we journey together!



We are a family of three, soon to be four.  My husband, James works from home {love it, love it, love it}, and little Matthew, two and a half is expectantly awaiting the arrival of his little brother.  We love the out-of-doors, living in the country, and most importantly, Jesus, the one who truly exemplified love.

Our home is not perfect.  In fact, I bet we're a lot alike.  Striving for more happiness and love at home but not always achieving it.  This series is meant to encourage us to be more intentional about finding, giving, and showing love to one another.  And to make memories along the way!

Our home would definitely not be a home without music.  It's part of who we are; it lifts the spirit, settles the spirit, and draws the Spirit!!

So to start off, I wanted to share a hymn that we sing often in our home.  Somehow, I think I do feel more love in our home when we sing this song.  It exudes what I want in our lives and I hope it speaks to you as well.

"Love at Home"

There is beauty all around, When there’s love at home;
There is joy in every sound, When there’s love at home.
Peace and plenty here abide, Smiling fair on every side;
Time doth softly, sweetly glide, When there’s love at home.


Refrain
Love at home, love at home;
Time doth softly, sweetly glide,
When there’s love at home.


Kindly heaven smiles above, When there’s love at home;
All the earth is filled with love, When there’s love at home.
Sweeter sings the brooklet by, Brighter beams the azure sky;
O, there’s One who smiles on high When there’s love at home.


Jesus, make me wholly Thine, Then there’s love at home;
May Thy sacrifice be mine, Then there’s love at home.
Safely from all harm I’ll rest, With no sinful care distressed,
Thro’ Thy tender mercy blessed, When there’s love at home.

Do you have a song that you sing often in your home?  Maybe it's a goodnight lullaby, or one you sing at family worship or one that just lifts your spirits and keeps you inspired throughout the day.   Try letting music become a focal point in your family and perhaps you will start to notice more happiness and love flow into your home.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we're so surrounded by music throughout the entire day that we don't make as much of a point of singing at home. Still, every Sabbath evening, we like to sing this very song, and we will do it even yet today! I like to think that you and your family might sing the same thing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Smile}. Yes, I'd like to think that, too. Too bad we're not closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eager to read your next posts. What a good topic. It is something that is never outdated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barbara, I hope I can keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I treasure each one.