The resting time came; not that I planned on it. It came unannounced, determining to provide more than my narrow-mindedness could picture. I, on the other hand, announced boredom, impatience, and stir-crazy days. Anything but the calm, restful days I secretly envisioned or hoped for.
"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18
Another plan unfolds; a better one. Plans to rejuvenate, some soul-searching time, spirit-fed quiet. That is what He had in mind. How did this quiet cascade down? Was I just fortunate? The thought of another new babe, more sleepless nights, and two little ones clinging, left me wondering how we could cope. I cry out that I'm scared, incapable. I can't do this alone. I need your quiet. And slowly it comes, but not in the expected. Lord, help me rest in You, the true quiet resting place.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments. I treasure each one.